2016 SST Classroom Decoration Competition
There will be a Classrooms Decoration Competition coming up.
Class Exco members are to lead their class in this project. Students need to submit a short write-up (less than 100 words) to explain to the judges how the class decoration is related to their class mission, goals and code of conduct. Submissions must be done by 28 January 2016 (Thursday).
Guidelines to adhere to:
- Students are encouraged to use recycled materials to decorate their classroom. There will be no reimbursement of expenses incurred.
- The decoration should be done in a tasteful manner i.e. there should be no offensive language, symbols or pictures used.
- Painting of the classroom is not allowed.
- Please take care of the equipment provided by the school. Cost of any damage done to any school property will be borne by the class.
- Safety of the classroom should not be compromised.
- Areas to note:
- Notice-boards need to be allocated for different subjects and announcements. Eg. Duty roster (refer here for the specific designated use of notice-boards)
- Classroom must be clean and neat.
- The locker area is clean and free from clutter.
- Class mission, goals and code of conduct (3 main focus of the year) are clearly displayed.
- The items in the class cupboards are neatly arranged and cupboard must be free of past copies of newspaper.
- Class Seating plan is prominently displayed at the teacher’s table.
- Duty Roster and Cleanliness Checklist are clearly displayed.
The competition will assess students on the following:
● Class Theme reflects their mission, goals and code of conduct. (30%)
● Overall presentation and use of space inside the classroom (30%)
● Creativity (10%)
● Effort (10%)
● Classroom Duty Roster, Checklist and Cleanliness Routine (10%)
● Use of Recycled Material (10%)
Judging will take place on 29 Jan 2016 (Friday) from 1 p.m. onwards.
The categories of prizes will be given out for each respective levels:
- MOST CREATIVE
- MOST ENVIRONMENTALLY-FRIENDLY